I have 2 unused rim strips. Along the edges and on the surface there are brown marks (patches, streaks, blotches).
2 images (I cannot improve the resolution)
- Both strips were stored hanging vertically (i.e. not folded nor rolled up).
- When I place the 2 strips over each other, I see that the edge marks overlap, i.e. the strips have the same brown edge marks in the same positions.
- Overall the rim strip is smooth. The material is not brittle. There are no scratches nor nicks.
- Seems like the brown color has steeped into the plastic.
- The size written on the rim tape: 32 559
- There is a number which looks like a manufacture date: 06/05
- Manufacturer: Schwalbe
- Is this rim strip beyond its use-by-date, i.e. if I use it will it need to be replaced soon?
- Perhaps an alternative question: what does a rim strip look like when it is in need of replacement?