I just purchased this bike locally in Southern California and thought it would be straightforward to identify but I've asked around and no one seems to know.
The specs are:
- Lugged steel (fork crown lugs match frame)
- No serial number or builder's mark (likely repainted)
- Mostly SSC/Zap Mavic components (suggesting French or custom build)
- Gipiemme "patent" front and rear dropouts (124.6mm rear spacing)
Geometry mostly resembles an early Pinarello Prologo (not TT or track version), due to curved seat stays (only lo-pro frame I've seen with this feature!!), shape of upper seat stay tubes and their meeting point on the seat tube lug, but differs in placement of shifter boss, shape of rear drop out, and lack of builder's stamp.
It has a small peg/tube on the front of the upper seat tube of unknown purpose.
- BB shell is 68mm, unknown threading (until I can remove the Phil Wood BB).
Please see attached photos. Any leads appreciated.