I have a commuter bike with Tektro MD-285 hydraulic disc brakes. I commute about 14 miles every day (7 in, 7 out) in most types of weather, but I am not a performance cyclist by any means. It's just a good way to get to work. For the past few months, I have had a bit of a squeal and a shuddering noise that I can feel through the handlebars on the front brake when I brake it hard. When slower there is really little to no noise. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on. Here is what I have tried:
- Sanding down and cleaning new pads and rotor.
- Getting new pads and rotor and going through the bed-in process.
- After replacing, pushing the pistons back in on the brake to try to ensure they are parallel and the whole pad is hitting the rotor.
- Made sure the headset was not too loose.
- Checked the AL fork for any cracks.
Any other ideas? Worth bleeding the brakes?