I want to swap out my front wheel (solid axle) with another wheel (quick release axle). Issue is, I DO NOT want to use quick release for various reasons.
I have tried janking out the quick release axle without luck (having seen a few tutorials online). Being a fool, I've scratched/damaged the hub/axle quite a bit. Using my common sense, I figured that there is a little ring on both sides that is stopping the axle from sliding out (see picture underneath):
You can't really see the damage in the picture above but I've quite messed up the metal/paint on the hub/axle on the other side.
- How do I get this thing out if possible? (by removing the little ring perhaps? I tried but can't really get the ring out, it's on there tight with little room to work with)
- Can I even put in a solid axle in this wheel/hub?
- Current front wheel is a Miche Pistard WR
- 'new' front wheel is a Campagnolo Khamsin G3. Even though I've almost obliberated the hub/axle, wheel seems to be spinning fine and true still.
- I am a mere novice with no bicycle skills whatsoever but I am trying to learn.