I own an Scott AFD 709 from the late 90s to early 2000s with an Ultegra 6500 group set. Would it be possible to upgrade to the newest Tiagra 4700 groupset (https://www.vanillabikes.com/products/shimano-tiagra-4700-groupset)?
Which kind of problems would I have to face?
- The cassette should fit, as it is a 10 speed one, which is compatible to the 9 speed free wheel hub.
- The bottom bracket and chainset should fit as well.
- Does the rear derailleur fit? Probably yes, why shouldn't it?
- Are the brakes compatible? They look a bit longer...
- My biggest fear is the front derailleur. The bike currently is currently brazed on. It is at the lowest position. Could it maybe fit nevertheless?