I want to change my 50T chainring of my Shimano Sora FC-3503 crankset.

Do I have to buy the same one or other chainrings are also compatible with it?

If yes could you give me some light which ones ?

Thanks in advance.

  • 1
    Replace it with what? What's your goal? Different gearing? Less weight? Apr 23, 2019 at 10:31
  • The goal was just to change it. Unfortunately FC-3503 is hard to get in my location, but i found in my local store SHIMANO Claris FC-2403 50T 130BCD. Will it be compatible with my crankset ? Will it be compatible with my CS-HG50-9 + CN-HG93 ?
    – user42185
    Apr 24, 2019 at 4:20
  • Are you replacing just the chainring, or the entire crankset? The Sora FC-5303 looks to be a Hollowtech II crankset, while the Claris 2403 looks like it's an Octalink crankset, which means it uses a different bottom bracket. Or are you just changing the chainring? Apr 24, 2019 at 11:38
  • Just a chainring, the biggest one: 50T.
    – user42185
    Apr 25, 2019 at 4:18

1 Answer 1


The 50 tooth chainring is a standard 5 bolt, 130 BCD chainring. There are other options available that will fit, but most 130 BCD will have 53 teeth, so you may have to hunt around for a bit to find a 50 tooth that you like.

  • Thanks for your replay. I've found that claris group has also 130BCD 50T. Problem solved.
    – user42185
    Apr 23, 2019 at 7:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.