Start by exploring some of the identifiable items:
- Campagnolo triple crankset, Campagnolo Athena brakes, and Campagnolo Centaur front derailleur - all from different groupsets.
- Shimano Deore MTB derailleur - from a different manufacturer
- Squishy gel saddle
- The sheer quantity of spacers under the stem.
- Panasonic Panaracer all-round touring/commuter tyres
- Completely unbranded rims and frame, but apparently carbon fibre
- 7 speed block
- Suspension seatpost - not ever found on fast bikes.
I can't see anything on the brifters or the wheel hubs, but based on the pictures that is a mongrel bike made of random items.
Now don't take that badly, it is not an insult. It just means there's no big decal on the frame with a brand. You would be quite justified getting a decal professionally made that says "Drew'sBro" (or his name) and putting that on.
As for worth, well that's outside the scope of this website. Just list it on craigslist or ebay with "pickup only" and see how the bidding goes. It is worth what someone's prepared to pay for it. Your other option is to simply ride it, perhaps in his memory.