The spec sheet on my bike says I have Dura-Ace 9000 components. I want to buy a replacement name plate. The one on the left is genuine Shimano Y63X98020 and the one on the right is what I'm trying to get replaced.

More photos of the to-be-replaced part below:

Photo comparing two Dura-Ace STI name plates Photo comparing two Dura-Ace STI name plates

Original item photos

Original Original Original Original

  • Have you got the exact model number of your brifter? ST-9000 or ST-9001 ?
    – Criggie
    Jan 25, 2020 at 6:29

1 Answer 1


https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/shimano-duraace-st9000-name-plate-fixing-screws-right-hand-y63x98020/ says that Y63X98020 is a name plate for the right hand lever of a ST-9000 brifter.

A review on that link says:

unfortunately I mistakenly ordered st9000 I returned for credit and ordered the correct st9001 very happy

So from that I conclude you have ST-9001 brifters, which are 30% "thinner" and therefore a subtly different shape in the hood/body.

Some googling about suggests the part number you need for a ST-9001 is Y00G98020 but take this with caution, I'm certainly no expert.

Photo of the suggested part number - looks about right, but hard to know for sure.

From https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/shimano-duraace-st9001-name-plate-fixing-screws-right-hand-y00g98020/

Fortunately its only a $12/£12/€15 item, but then it is also a single piece of plastic.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.