I have had four flat tyres in less than two months.
Some more information:
- I've only experienced repeated flats since I started using racing bikes (two months ago).
- I'm 194cm tall and weigh 74kg.
- I have cycled several 80-140km rides in the past two months.
- I only cycle on-road.
- I avoid potholes / manholes / cracks etc as much as possible (but not completely).
- It first happened on a cheap, unbranded second-hand racer.
- I bought a much newer (mono-q) racer and experienced a flat tire after within the first 100km.
- Even after getting a new bike with brand new tires, and having it all fitted professionally to my specifications, I'm still experiencing flats.
It's really perplexing. What might I be doing wrong?
Edit: mystery solved (for now). I think it's just a matter of me using the wrong tyres. The ones I was using are designed primarily for going fast, meaning they are apparently too thin / smooth to cope with small stones etc. Hopefully getting thicker and more textured tyres will solve this.