Is there a common spindle length for typical fixie/single speed bikes? Namely a bike with:
- a 68 mm BSA bottom bracket shell
- a square taper bottom bracket cartridge bearing
- 120 mm dropout distance
- single chainring and single freewheel/fixed cog (flip-flop)
- a wide single speed chain
- fairly recent (2010+) cheap steel frame bike (sold expensively for being hip)
This question would be hopeless for bikes with doubles and derraileurs. However the considerable limitations on fixie chain lines might also have lead to a de-facto standard or a common spindle length most bikes share. The latter in particular, as these bikes appear to be standard mass-products that merely differ by colour, brand, and price tag.