An old Cybex 700 stationary bike stopped being useful as the control panel doesn't turn on.

There is a power socket but I don't know what power adapter to use: the user manual doesn't say, nothing I tried fits. What could be a compatible power plug?


Most information appears to have vanished from the official website, but other specifications suggest it's just a 12V power plug.

I've tested a universal power supply and 12 V, 1 A turned out to work fine with the Cybex 700. The correct plug was the green one in this model (6.3*3.0 mm).


For a R700 Cybex bike the power supply needs to be 12V 1A (higher is ok), and the plug is referred to as a TIP-C or generically the exact specifications are 2.5mm x 5.5mm barrell plug.

New contributor
Sharty is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering. Check out our Code of Conduct.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.