I have used the Tern Andros stem system and got one with it well.
enter image description here Recently I acquired a Riese and Muller folding bike, which has an adjustment system which (for me) is less comfortable. It puts the handlebar too close to me, so I would like it lower and further away.

I would therefore like to fit an Andros-like system to my Riese and Muller bike.

However, the Tern Andros system fits a 25.4mm handlebar, whereas the Riese and Muller system fits 31.8mm (oversize) bars.

(The Riese and Muller handlebar fixing system cannot be swapped out and fits an oversize tube, so I can't just buy the Andros system and swap handlebars. - thanks for the suggestion)

My question is:

  • Is there something like the Andros adjustment system pictured, but for 31.8mm handlebars?
  • Or perhaps, is there a handlebar design that takes a standard oversize tube fitting and which brings the control surfaces down and/or forward (away from me) by a few centimetres?
  • Can't you change the handlebar too? Commented Aug 27, 2020 at 11:36
  • Thanks for the question. The issue is the fitting on the Riese and Muller stem. It's a non-removable proprietary clamp which takes a handlebar directly, and it's set up for an oversize handlebar.
    – Jim
    Commented Aug 27, 2020 at 21:41
  • 1
    You want the bars closer to you? Or further away?
    – MaplePanda
    Commented Aug 27, 2020 at 22:01
  • Interesting - - this is exactly what I need to do with my folder too. Thank you for the heads up.
    – Criggie
    Commented Aug 27, 2020 at 23:59
  • 1
    @MaplePanda Further away. Thanks for the question; I edited the text to make this clear.
    – Jim
    Commented Aug 29, 2020 at 8:40


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.