I'd really like some advice on changing the bars on my bike to drop bars from flat. My bike is nothing special, but I really like it and would like to try to convert it, rather than buy a new bike. I prefer the riding position of drop bars. I've got a biking adventure coming up at the end of October that I'd like this to be done for.
Here's what I'd like to do:
Swap the tyres to Schwalbe Rapid Rob Kevlar Guard MTB Tyre
Change the handlebars to Farr Aero Gravel handlebar, or similar!?
Use my existing brake calipers, but have levers on the new bars
Use my existing gears/derailleur, but have the shifters on the new bars.
Here is the full spec of my current bike: https://99spokes.com/bikes/pinnacle/2020/lithium-3
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Acera M360 8 speed
- Front Derailleur Shimano Altus M313 band on 31.8mm
- Shifters Shimano Altus M310 8 speed
- Cassette Shimano HG200 8 speed 12-32T
- Chain KMC Z-51
- Brakes Tektro Auriga M275 hydraulic discs w/160mm rotor
Is this possible? I'm fairly handy, but not done much work on bikes previously. Could anybody help me in getting somewhere close to a shopping list?!