I've broken my rear derailleur so I've decided to upgrade from my 2x10 to a 1x setup. For that, I've initially bought:
- Deore XT 11 speed derailleur RD-M8000-GS (I've read it can work with 10s, but indexing is not the problem now).
- MSC 10 speed 11-46 cassette (I may change this by an 11 speed, same range. See below*).
- 30T chainring, a chain, and I'm keeping my old 10s Deore shifter (guess these aren't relevant).
My problem is regarding range. It looks like the derailleur wont climb to the 46T cog, even though:
- By the spec, it supports 11-46 in 1x setup.
- The b-screw is all the way in.
- My hanger looks like a direct mount (goes back and outside) and the derailleur is installed as so (no extra link).
* I understand a 10s cassette is not the same as an 11s, but I guess that the biggest cog (46T) is the only one that is in the same position (flush to the base of the hub), so I fear if I buy an 11s cassette (and an 11s shifter) I'll have the same issue.
What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!