I have a Firestorm 29D (3 * 8 gears, 24 total) bike. The shifting is not smooth at all. I would like to upgrade my rear derailer and shifters or groupset to Shimano altus or any other. Kindly suggest me if its possible to do so.
- Shifters: Microshift TS38-8 3X8 Speed
- Crankset: Prowheel 24X34X42T, 170mm
- BB Set: Sealed Cartridge
- Freewheel: Steel, 12-32T 8 Speed
- Wheels: Alloy Double Wall 36H Rims
- Rear Derailleur: Microshift RD-M25
I did try tuning it using the barrel adjuster but still the shifts are not smooth.
I was thinking of replacing the entire drive train. If Altus is not that good option what do you suggest is a good upgrade?
Yes I feel the same this gearset should have been smooth but it is not :( Since I bought this bike 2 months back I have rode a distance of 1000km.