I've been doing some googling on fixing the annoying creaking in my bottom bracket. It's all good if it's in easy gears. The moment it's in the big front chain ring and small rear gear (ie. I'm putting lots of pressure on the pedals, it starts creaking a lot). I've done some googling but I'd like to confirm a few things. I've got a Ribble carbon fibre frame in my bike. Looking at the invoice from my bike, it came with the following bottom bracket: BB71 Road Press Fit BB Cups 86.5x41
- My understanding is that BB71 is specific to Shimano Ultegra (which I have) but the general type of this BB is BB86. Is that correct?
- If so, the right tools for the removal would be Park tool BBT-90.3
- The following tool will be suitable for installation: https://www.parktool.com/product/home-mechanic-bearing-cup-press-hhp-3 Is that correct?
- I'm going to apply some retaining compound. I've ordered Lactite 680 - Do I need anyting else, any primer or anything?
- I'm also going to buy a new BB71 to replace the old one. Looking at the photo, it looks like it https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-bb71-road-press-fit-bottom-bracket/rp-prod61803 Looking at the picture of BB71, it looks like it comes in one piece. Is it just a picture and it'll be in parts (eg. 2 cups and the tube/cartridge)? Otherwise, if it's all in one piece, how am I supposed to use the removal tool to extract it from frame?
Thank you. I don't want to buy the wrong things.