I purchased Kona Rova AL 650 last year. I am riding frequently and probably put a lot of wear on the bike. As a result I broke the Rear Derailleur Shimano Claris and Hanger (picture attached below).
These two parts are in unrepairable condition. As I did not like Claris, I want to upgrade to Shimano Tiagra (and from 8 to 10 gears). Unfortunately, my local shop and their contracted suppliers have no spare parts available (I am based in the UK) and my only option is to try to source the parts myself.
I am creating list of parts I think I need (below), however, there are some technical nuances (e.g., mounting) that are beyond me:
- [The original part needs replacement] Kona Hanger AA
- [The original part needs replacement] Shimano Tiagra HG500 10 Speed Cassette (11-34)
- [The original part needs replacement] RD-4700 Tiagra 10-speed rear derailleur, GS - I found the "medium" type (GS) but I have no idea if it will fit.
- [The original part works] Shimano Tiagra Front Derailleur - There are different mounting styles and it is difficult to see which derailleur is correct. Maybe I can get away with keeping Claris on the bike?
- [The original part works] ] e.g.: Tiagra ST-4700 Shifter - There are different types and as they are not damaged I think that maybe I can get away with leaving Claris on?
I would appreciate if others could have a look at the list and let me know if these will fit all together/my frame/if I need something else/pay special attention to.