How are these parts holding the rack and the mudguards named in English? There are some pictures on the web featuring "parts of the bicycle" but they are not depicted there with names. This image is the cropped fragment taken from Wikipedia Commons.

enter image description here

  • 2
    Mudguard stays.
    – Noise
    Nov 9, 2021 at 7:38
  • @JoeK that's an answer. Okay yes its a short answer, but it's the correct answer. Please post that as an answer.
    – Criggie
    Nov 9, 2021 at 10:41
  • Actually no, this would be best answered in the Terminology Glossary at bicycles.stackexchange.com/questions/244/… because its not there already.
    – Criggie
    Nov 9, 2021 at 10:42
  • I have looked into this super question and yes, understand. Assuming the parts are really named the "stays", unless anybody else does, I myself will put the answer there.
    – nightrider
    Nov 9, 2021 at 12:06


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.