The damper for the fork on my 2008 Trek Elite 9.7 probably needs replacing but I have no idea how to do this given the fork is so old. The fork is RockShox Reba SL.

Where can I find a replacement damper?

Is it possible that newer dampers are compatible and if so how would I figure out compatibility?

  • 1
    Did you try contacting your local bike shop or SRAM/Rockshox customer service directly?
    – Paul H
    Commented Apr 20, 2022 at 15:48
  • If you cannot source a new one, a donor shock is your most likely option. Rebas were very common in that era, and will be wearing out stanchions while dampers are pretty reliable. Might need to buy a donor bike.
    – mattnz
    Commented Apr 20, 2022 at 20:02

1 Answer 1


Here's RockShox 2008 service manual where you'll find how to assemble/disassemble your fork, and how much oil and torque to use.

Here's RockShox 2009 spare parts catalog. Find exact part of your fork model you want to replace, then look up what other fork model/year uses the same part number.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.