- How do safety levers work exactly?
- When installed properly, what is their braking performance? What about when installed improperly?
- What faults do they have?
- How ergonomic are they? How good of a fit are they?
- Are there any differences between 'vintage' and 'modern' safety levers?
- How do they compare to interrupter/auxiliary levers?
- Are they deserving of the term 'suicide levers'?
It seems answers range from "these work perfectly fine" to "you WILL die if you use these levers, not even God can save you whilst several layers of skin are being scraped from your face as you slide across the asphalt." Do they work or not?
Thinking of getting some since they look quite snazzy.