I just bought a Giant Revolt that comes with a D-Fuse seat post. I really hate this mechanism, I have to remove the seat frequently to store the bike. I was wondering if it's possible to change to a dropper post like a mountain bike?


1 Answer 1


This site says the Revolt Advanced Pro 0 has a 30.9mm seatpost and can take a MTB dropper. Key thing is that the frame takes a standard round post and you can find a dropper of the correct diameter - 30.9 is common.

You will need check for your frame.

  • 2
    But what about the actuation mechanism? Does this bicycle have a hole for internal dropper cable routing? If not, then the dropper post options are limited to either an externally routed one, or a wirelessly actuated one. Aug 12, 2022 at 5:22
  • 1
    I was under the impression that D-Fuse seatposts were D shaped. Round post no fit hole.
    – Noise
    Aug 12, 2022 at 11:21
  • @GrigoryRechistov externally actuated dropper posts are common. The last post I fitted was internal and I drilled a hole in the frame. This is fine when done correctly.
    – Noise
    Aug 12, 2022 at 11:23
  • 1
    @Noise The post has D shape but inside the frame there is a shim to make it round Aug 12, 2022 at 17:16
  • @Grigory - While now not as common as they once were (in the early days no one had holes in frames for droppers) ), externally routed droppers are available.
    – mattnz
    Aug 12, 2022 at 20:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.