Looking for the advice of professionals. Maybe common question from a dummy cyclist, but…
Problem: I have an endurance Trek Domane SL6 2023 bike Shimano Ultegra groupset with crank 50/34t, and cassette 11/34t. Excellent bike but I would prefer easier climbing.
Goal: easier climbing, better with mixed terrain. I am okay with reducing max speed as I rarely use it. It kind making endurance more gravel.
Thoughts: want to change either crank or cassette or both.
- Wolftooth Roadlink DM
- Shimano Ultegra RX rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore XT CS-M8000 Cassette 11-speed 11/40t
- Shamano GRX FC-RX600 2x11-speed Crank 46/30. I understand I can change to Shimano Deore XT CS-M8000 Cassette 11-speed 11/40t using Wolftooth Roadlink DM.
Questions: 1. Can I change crankset from 50/34t to 46/30... the same 16t capacity… 2. Can I change both the cassette and crank? 3. Should I change to RX derailleur? It seems RX adds more “stability” to the chain
- Will my Shimano Ulterga shifter and front derailleur work with a smaller Shimano GRX crank?
- Should I make my chain shorter?