I recently bought a new set of Tektro R539 Caliper Brakes. These brakes are nutted (non-recessed). Each brake came with one curved (concave, radiused) washer and one flat serrated washer.
My front fork and rear brake bridge are curved on both sides with no flat surfaces. It seems I need a total of four radiused washers. I need to buy two more, and they need to be two distinct sizes as the fork and rear brake bridge are different shapes.
I've had a somewhat difficult time finding these sorts of curved washers online. I've looked into:
- Sellers on eBay selling individual washers from vintage sets, but the ones I've found were international and kinda pricey with no sizing information included
- An odd seller on Amazon here and there, but again, no size information
- Fairly big names in the USA, where I'm located, like Performance Bikes and Jenson USA and had no success at all
- Sellers from other countries than my own as well, but I'd rather not pay for international shipping if I can avoid it
- My local bike shop had only a single curved washer in their spare parts bin and the radius/diameter seems very close, but not totally plumb
- Local bike shops that have online stores that list wholesaler/warehouse inventory, but again, no luck
- Modern Bike sells a set of washers, but with no information regarding what size they are.
I've tried wholesale hardware suppliers like McMaster-Carr and major hardware store chains as well. Hardware stores seem to call washers similar to these wave or spring washers, but they're not quite suitable it seems as they don't typically seem to have a flat side as needed for bike brakes.
Certainly, there are options, but I thought I should have an easier time finding a major name who would sell a variety of concave/radiused washers for bicycles. Is there a better place to search? Am I best off just buying what I can from Amazon, eBay, the few listings I can find, and just hope that some of them fit well enough?