I have a BMC Granfondo gf01 (Rim Brake version) that was bought second-hand and came equipped with Shimano Ultegra 6800 (11-speed). Just the Crankset is different, being a Shimano Ultegra FC-6700 (10-speed) with 53-39 tooth. Since I live in a hilly area and I want do to routes with some elevation (>1000m), I need to change the crankset and the cassette (I have an Ultegra CS-6800 with 11-28). With that in mind, I don't want to spend too much on changing the components, since I plan to eventually upgrade to a disc brake bike in ~1 year. Therefore, I thought about the following components:
- Crankset: Shimano FC-RS510 50/34 (11-speed) [I have a good deal on this, for 60€ like new)
- Cassette: Shimano 105 R7000 11-32 (11-speed) [I do have a medium cage rear derailleur - Ultegra RD-6800-GS, that supports the 32 tooth]
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG601 105
Can you help me clarify the following questions:
- Do you know, for instance, that all of those (the RS510 crankset, especially) will be compatible with the rest of my Ultegra 6800 components (shifters Ultegra ST-6800, front derailleur FD-6800-B, rim brake BR-6800) ?
- Do you also think its necessary to change my bottom bracket when changing my crankset ?
Thanks in advance!