When I google "ramp for MTB", I get some rather serious products
and other lavish constructions.
Do you have other, simpler, ideas to build a beginner's ramp to practice elementary jumps on a mountain bike? I'm looking for:
- "a few screws joining these two pieces of wood with these dimensions served me well for this purpose," or
- "you likely already have these objects hanging around, and you can assemble them into a makeshift ramp."
Ideally, it's just the 101 of jumping—something that I can discard or donate a month later.
For those who are going to ask the obvious question ("why not just go to trails and practice there?"):
- you block the trail when you practice there;
- falling on a trail can be hazardous, whereas I can select a patch of grass where falling won't be that serious (and can itself be useful practice on how to fall);
- trails typically require hauling the bike, whereas many nearby spaces are suitable for practice.