What is the generic name and/or specific products associated with the illustrated frame? Is it lighter than a normal frame?

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here


1 Answer 1


It looks like a Moulton (Wikipedia).

Specifically, it could be the APB model from the early 90s, or the current TSR with optional rear rack. I can't tell from the photos.

Their "space frame" design has those unusual extra tubes, as well as lighter tubes. The long integrated rear rack is also distinctive.

  • 1
    They're quite distinctive and rather desirable, so pro bike thieves will target these just as much as a nice modern bike. Moulteesers should definitely take their bikes inside where possible.
    – Criggie
    Jul 27, 2023 at 10:50
  • 2
    @Criggie some of them are nice modern bikes - the current TSR comes with 2×11 gearing
    – Chris H
    Jul 27, 2023 at 14:02
  • 1
    Thanks for leading me in the right direction! On Wikipedia, this model photo looks quite similar to the question: upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/…
    – Nayuki
    Jul 27, 2023 at 21:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.