In less than 2 months it started clicking and screeching loudly which only had gotten worse over time. Eventually I decided to get a replacement and to try something else, and installed Shimano Ultegra SM-BBR60 BB but unfortunately it had shown exactly the same problem, again in less than 2 months. I can get a replacement once more but I wonder if there is something wrong with the bike frame, or I have to do some maintenance to keep the bearings in good shape. So I see these options:
- I am just unlucky and just have to replace it once more and hope it will be OK the next time.
- There is something wrong with the bike's frame itself. I noticed that if I press pedals very hard it noticeably bends. So I may imagine that the bottom bracket does not like side forces. I am not sure what to do if this is the actual problem.
- The noise comes from somewhere else. But it clearly synchronized with crank rotation, also after I have installed a replacement it did run smoothly for some weeks.
- The bearings require some dedicated maintenance. But I could not find any instructions in this regard, and there is "do not disassemble" on the bearing's rim. So the best I could imagine is to use some liquid oil that can get in without taking the cartridge apart. I tried that but it helps only for 15 minutes of riding and only temporarily.
- I read somewhere that these models of bottom brackets use small-ball bearings, maybe there are some compatible bearings that I could try and that are more reliable?
- Maybe there is a way to restore the bearings?
- Something else?
Did you have similar problem?