My bike (Specialized Diverge E5) has a very annoying click. It's a light click, just loud enough to be audible. It occurs approximately 1-2 times per revolution (inconsistently). Occasionally there'll be no click for a ride, then it'll be back the next time. The click occurs at the same level regardless of how hard I'm pedalling, and even when I pedal backwards - but only when I'm pedalling. It doesn't matter which gear I'm in, and the clicking still occurs when I stand.
To try and resolve this, roughly from front to back:
- I've replaced the cassette and readjusted the rear derailleur (and this has also been adjusted by a bike shop). The issue started when the freehub was replaced (also by a bike shop), which doesn't appear worn.
- I've replaced the chain, and fully cleaned the drivetrain repeatedly.
- I've replaced and regreased the bottom bracket, and I've checked the tightness of the crank arms onto the bottom bracket. I've tried with different pedals (same clicking noise), and with flats. And I've regreased the pedal threads.
- I've regreased the seatpost and the bolt on the collar.
- The front derailleur cable was replaced and the alignment checked by a bike shop.
- The brakepads (front and rear) have been replaced
- The headset has been regreased and retorqued.
The clicking has been going on for ~2 months now, it started when I took it into a bike shop to replace the freehub. As far as I can tell, none of the parts are wearing any faster than usual (eg I don't think it's a dangerous click, just an annoying one). At the same time, the bike has a new front derailleur cable fitted. The bike has ~5000 km on it.
I've checked all of the main culprits as far as I'm aware. I've taken the bike in to multiple bike shops who have all confirmed that the derailleurs are aligned and appear to be set up properly.
Does anyone here have any suggestions as to what it might be?