I cannot find my bottom bracket online anywhere. It's called "VP-BC73E ". However, I can find loads of "VP-BC73" (E is missing). Would it still fit/work?

I found this information on the VP website but not sure what it means:

  • VP-BC73

  • VP-BC73C for chain guard stay mount plate.

  • VP-BC73A Cold forged aluminum cups.

  • VP-BC73E for front derailleur BB mount plate.

  • VP-BC73T Axle with chainline stopper ring

Can I go ahead and purchase the VP-BC73 enough though the one that came out of the bike is called VP-BC73E?

  • Do you have a front-derauilleur? How is your derailleur mounted? Bolted to braze-ons on the seat tube? Clamped to the seat tube? Or attached using a bracket-like contraption to your BB? A picture would help a lot Oct 17, 2023 at 17:15

1 Answer 1


If your original BB was VP-BC73E, then all of the options you listed will fit your frame.

The difference between VP-BC73C, VP-BC73E is the ability to bolt on different items directly to the BB:

  • VP-BC73C for chain guard stay mount plate.

  • VP-BC73E for front derailleur BB mount plate.

If you have none of those in your existing setup, then you should be fine with any variation of VP-BC73. Make sure you pick the one with the correct axle length. The axle length will be printed on the sleeve of your original BB.

  • I see! Thanks for your answer. Very grateful
    – James
    Oct 17, 2023 at 17:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.