I own Santa Cruz Tallboy AL R-kit which comes with SRAM PG1230, 12spd, 11-50t Cassette (NX level). I want to upgrade to GX-level drivetrain. The GX goupset comes with XG-1275 Eagle cassette with 10-52 teeth. My current rear hub is SRAM MTH 746, 12x148, 32h mounted on RaceFace AR rims.

My understanding is the rear-hub will have to be converted from Shimano HG to SRAM XD Freehub. Is it possible to swap only the Driver Body and what is the part /part number I need to buy?

1 Answer 1


Yes, possible.

The part number is elusive but a simple search on “SRAM MTH 746 xd freehub” provides many online stores who sell the part.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.