I'd love to know what it is that is pictured below:

Detail shot from car driver's seat Detail shot from kitchen table

It is worth driving 320 km to pick it up. (Makes no sense.)

I am trying to win a bet that I can find out what it is.

  • Seems like a silly bet if the part number is visible in the pictures. May 15, 2012 at 0:17
  • Not sure why the items in question are wrapped in plastic?
    – user313
    May 15, 2012 at 1:15
  • @StephenTouset TAQ-33 means nothing to a nonbiker. And there are Zillions of parts referred to as TAQ-33. May 15, 2012 at 6:31
  • Wrapped since it was a quick shot, and to make it harder I guess. May 15, 2012 at 6:32
  • 2
    @TheBlastOne: While I'm not the one who downvoted you, this question does not meet our quality standard here. The photos don't actually show the part, what the part is can be discovered with a 2 minute google search, if it isn't obvious already, and there is no problem to be solved. Voting down a question is a method of teaching what is acceptable and useful here. Attacking someone for down voting is not acceptable. If there is a serious pattern of harassment, and then is best referred to a moderator.
    – zenbike
    May 15, 2012 at 8:12

1 Answer 1


Looks like an adjustable quill stem.


oh, and not worth driving that far to get one.

  • 1
    You beat me to the answer by seconds. May 14, 2012 at 21:09
  • You've got it! The bottom shot is the bottom end of the stem -- you can see the angle of the wedge through the plastic cover. May 14, 2012 at 21:09
  • Cool. Thanks a lot. Will accept if it turns out to be correct. On Thursday... May 14, 2012 at 21:22
  • I now just hope there was more than that on the shopping list so the distance was worth it somehow :O May 14, 2012 at 21:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.