I was riding my bike and rear brake fell apart. As a result I lost the short wire of the cantilever brake, or at least that what it seems to be called. Where can I buy that short cable please ?enter image description here Here is the same piece of the front brake:

2 Answers 2


Amazon or your local bike shop.

Here's a double ended (you can cut into one or two depending on length you need) on Amazon: BRAKE PART STRADDLE CABLE ACTION ROAD 2-ENDS 110MM.


  • I spent 1 hour searching and nothing. Thanks man!
    – mishap
    May 21, 2012 at 3:20
  • Amazingly, the link is still good
    – andy256
    Aug 28, 2015 at 3:36

I know an answer has been selected, but I wanted to post this here for future reference.

First - the common name for that type part is a "straddle cable" or a "link wire" depending on the variations or the manufacturer.

Second - my primary source (after my LBS) for less-common parts, especially parts for older bikes or the bike-shaped objects the neighborhood kids want me to fix is Loose Screws.

Here is their Straddle Cable page.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.