Below are technical details of 2 folding bike that I am considering.
Friends, can I safely assume that the option 2 with more gear inches would be a good choice. I am a recreational weekend rider. I am gonna ride this for not more than 30 minutes on comparatively flat paved suburban roads with slight hills. I do not fancy fast but yes I would like to tackle some ascend and descend comfortably.
Is there a bigger question technically related to gears that I am missing?
- Gearing 14-28T 6-speed freewheel.
- Chainwheel 52T steel chainwheel with 170mm alloy crank arms.
- ChainRing Teeth : 52
- Rear Sprocket Teeth: 14,16,18,21,24,28
- Gear inches 69, 60, 54, 46, 40, 35
- 6 Speed Shimano drivetrain
- 48T steel chainwheel with 170mm alloy crank arms.
- ChainRing Teeth : 48
- Rear Sprocket Teeth : 14,16,18,20,22,24,34
- Gear inches 64, 56, 49.8, 44.8, 40.8, 37.4, 26.4
- 7 Speed Shimano drivetrain