Can someone help parse the symbols on the stage maps for Amgen-ToC?
There does not seem to be a legend on any of the maps. e.g. http://cdn.amgentourofcalifornia.com/uploads/images/2017stages/AmgenTOC17_Stage-02_012617.pdf
Some seem pretty obvious:
- Blue circle with right-pointing white triangle = Stage Start
- Red circle with 1 to 5 or "HC" : Climbs with difficulty-category
- Red circle with checkered square : Stage finish
One I'm less certain of:
- Blue circle with knife/fork : Safe for riders to take food here (long flat straight stretch)???
Two I have no idea:
- Green circle with white "S" : ??? (maybe some sort of points/premium spot?)
- Blue circle with "Km 0" (about 10 km after the start) : ???
After lots of searching, I've found that last year's maps use the same symbols, but again without any legend. I found another site on which someone asked a similar question about the Tour of Switzerland, but some of those symbols are different.
Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!