tool to identify

It looks like a wrench with a cup at the endpoint. I was wondering what is this tool called and whether it's meant to be used by itself or in combination with a bottom bracket tool, like the PT BBT-22, for example.

  • the matte/pearl parts are ordinary socket set. The shiny splined part just visible is the bottom bracket tool. The socket looks too big (compared to my bottom bracket tool aliexpress.com/item/…)
    – Henry Crun
    Jun 27 '18 at 11:12
  • 1
    We generally just use a large adjustable wrench. Jun 27 '18 at 12:21
  • A 12" adjustable spanner/wrench/crescent is all I use on my BB tool. Sometimes with a length of steam pipe for additional leverage.
    – Criggie
    Jun 28 '18 at 2:21

The tools being used there are:

Some bottom bracket tools such as the Park BBT-22 have a 3/8 socket drive built in, so the large socket isn't necessary.


Looks like a 32mm socket with a bar attached instead of a ratched.

So you should be able to use a 32mm socket with a ratchet with the PT BBT-22.

  • do you believe it's two pieces, a socket and a bar? Jun 27 '18 at 10:22
  • I know I can use a 32mm socket with the BBT-22, it says it on the Park Tool. For my question, I am actually curious to know what that specific wrench is. Jun 27 '18 at 10:36
  • 1
    Pretty sure that's a Bar or Sliding T-Handle Socket Driver as Argenti Apparatus mentioned
    – nollak
    Jun 27 '18 at 13:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.