When pedaling with a decent amount of force a very loud creaking sound can be heard coming from the bottom bracket area (it is very loud when standing on the pedals). It makes a creaking noise on each foot's down stroke. So with both feet pedaling equals two creaks per full revolution. If I unclip either foot and pedal with only one foot, a creaking noise will be heard once per revolution (on the down stroke of the pedaling foot). If I pedal softly, no noise is heard.
Things that I have done so far, yet the problem remains:
- Changing pedals, regreasing their threads and making sure they are tightened.
- Tightening chaining bolts.
- Replacing the actual crankset.
- Taking the crankset out, cleaning all the old grease and regreasing.
- Making sure the crank arm is tightened correctly.
Is there anything left besides it being the bottom bracket causing the problem? I haven't had a chance to inspect that yet because it's a pressfit and I don't have the proper tools to take it out and reinsert it.