I’ve seen this subject raised a lot on various forums but with no definitive answer. Lots of opinions but no hard data.
My questions are:
- Is there a measure of lever suitability for small hands? (Specifically interested in braking ability)
- If not, what factors might be used to determine this?
- Where can I get this information?
I've been thinking about this for a while and so far my answers are:
- Hood dimensions, pivot position relative to hood, reach and brake type (mechanical, hydraulic).
- Scale drawings or measurements.
I would like to have a way of comparing different shifters and ultimately come up with a list of scores for common models.